To best prepare for a presentation, one must consider the best method, the type of presentation, and the audience for a given topic.
Write a 700- to 1,050 word reflection on speech preparation related to the following topics (you may use the questions provided to guide your response):
- Presentation methods
- What are the differences between the four methods for delivering oral presentations?
- When would it be appropriate to use each presentation method?
- Informative presentations
- What is an informative presentation?
- What are the differences between speeches of description, explanation, and demonstration? How does each differ in organization and content?
- Audience analysis
- Why is it important to consider your audience when creating a presentation?
- How does knowing your audience determine the way you deliver a presentation on a selected topic?
- Speech preparation
- What is the value in preparing for your speech or presentation by considering how you will present, the type of presentation, and your audience?