In this unit, you are learning more about human development and different influences. In this Discussion Board, take a closer look at a period of development that you find particularly important. We can all probably agree that no stage of human development is unimportant, but some impact us more based on periods of intense change or particular states of vulnerability.
- Choose a period of development that is significant to you in some way (prenatal, infancy, early childhood, middle childhood, adolescence, or adulthood).
- Describe what is going on during this time psychologically, socially, and culturally. Consider concepts such as attachment theory, parenting style, gender development, and cognitive development to further your discussion.
- Explain why this period of development is significant to you with regards to how it affects the way a person thinks and behaves.
Review the APA Code of Ethics General Principles and watch the Unit 4 case study video. Then answer the following questions:
- Which of the five General Principles from the APA Ethics Code do you think the psychologist might have violated by his response in this case? Why? Please name the Principle by letter and title when discussing (Ex: Principle A – Beneficence) —- AND ——
- What do you think the psychologist should have done differently to remain in compliance with the APA Ethics Code’s General Principles?
**Please remember your citations and references for the sources you use for this DQ:
Case Study and Application
Watch the Unit 5 Case Study video. Then answer the following questions.
- Identify at least three concepts from this week’s Reading (“Basic Psychology Concepts: The Top 25”) that you found evidence of in the Case Study. Explain why you believe each of these concepts was applied in this Case Study.
- Are there other concepts from this week’s Reading, or any additional ideas you may have, that you believe were not evident in the Case Study but that could have been included to improve the way the case was handled by the psychologist? In other words, in your opinion, what’s missing? What else should the psychologist have done?